\(\LaTeX\) is a high-quality typesetting system; it includes features designed for the production of technical and scientific documentation. Here is a crash course on learning how to use this for typesetting.
- TeX-LaTeX Stack Exchange
- The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List
- The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX
- User’s Guide for the amsmath Package
Study Abroad Opportunities
Study abroad programs are academic programs for undergraduate college students held at outside universities.
There are many summer programs that encourage positive growth as a mathematician and offer unique research experiences.
- National Security Agency
- Summer Program for Operations Research Technology
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- List of Math Programs
- Summer Undergraduate Mathematical Science Research Institute (SUMSRI)
- Institute for Mathematics at NC State (IM@STATE)
- MSRI Undergraduate Program (MSRI-UP)
Mathematics competitions or mathematical olympiads are competitive events where participants sit a mathematics test. These tests may require multiple choice or numeric answers, or a detailed written solution or proof. It may challenges teams of students to clarify, analyze, and propose solutions to open-ended problems. The contest attracts diverse students and faculty advisors from institutions around the world.
- Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM) / Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling (ICM)
- International Mathematics Competition
- William Lowell Putnam Competition
- List of Mathematics Competitions
Below are list of organizations that provide travel funding for conferences.